Most of you know how much I love music and dancing! I have been having quite a few people ask me for song recommendations lately.
I dance all of the time, but when I feel the NEED to dance it’s usually for one of three reasons:
- Cardio. I love walks, and I walk often, but when I really want to get the heart pumping, I dance. These songs really get me moving, I’m talking high kicks, moving all around my living room, jumping around, and sweating profusely!
- To Relieve Stress. These songs might make my heart beat fast, they might be on the slower side and I just sway from side to side, but they make me breathe a deep sigh of relief. I can feel the tension of the day or days leaving my body.
- When I want to feel sexy. There are a few things in this world that make me feel oh so womanly, and brings out the confident sex kitten within, Stepping out of the shower after I’ve just shaved my legs, a pair of stilettos, red lipstick, and the sound of a blues guitar. Not all of these songs are technically “The Blues” but there is something about the sound of a blues guitar that revs my engine.
I have decided to break these songs down into these three categories to make it easier for those of you who have asked for specific songs for specific moods. I hope these will get you moving the way they make me move!
Obviously I can’t post every song I dance to or we’d be here for months, but I will share some of my absolute favorites, so let’s dance, shall we?
High Energy, Fat Burning, Make You Look Like A Maniac Dance
- Dance With Me Tonight – Olly Murs
- I Love Me Too – Kirby (This one is also empowering)
- Rock Me Gently – Andy Kim (There is nothing gentle about my movements when I dance to this song! Haha.)
- Dragula – Rob Zombie
- Like This – Benjy Davis (More songs should have trombones in them)
- The Rubberband Man – The Spinners (There aren’t enough words to describe how much I love this song!! One of my all-time favorites!)
- Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- How Low – Ludacris (This one really works the thighs and glutes, that is if you actually go low)
- Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac
- You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
- I Want To Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Fat Bottomed Girls – Queen
- Do You Love Me – The Contours
- The Twist – Chubby Checker (My mom and I used to dance to this song all of the time!)
- Burning Love – Elvis (I can’t very well sweat to the oldies without including Elvis. Gotta have those Elvis hips!)
To Relieve Stress
Mid-to-Low Energy, Swaying, Low Intensity
- Beast Of Burden – The Rolling Stones
- Fool In The Rain – Led Zeppelin
- Could You Be Loved – Bob Marley
- We Are One – Tom Hollick
- Never Been To Spain – Three Dog Night
- Say It – Maggie Rogers
- Dela – Johnny Clegg
- Free Me – Joss Stone
- Pride And Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers (This is another all-time favorite of mine)
- Come And Get Your Love – Redbone
- Burning – Maggie Rogers
- Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root
- Way Oh – Joss Stone
- What Would It Take – Anderson East
- Might As Well Dance – Jason Mraz
- Universally Speaking – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Lady – Little River Band
When I Want To Feel Sexy
A Mix of Slow and Fast Paced Songs, Seductive Sway, High-to-Low Intensity
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Jimi Hendrix (I couldn’t find the original Hendrix version on Youtube, but you can find it on Spotify, this one comes close though.)
- Bad Guy – Billie Eilish
- Honey Bee – Tom Petty
- Sabbra Cadabra – Metallica
- Love Is Strong – The Rolling Stones
- The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair – Led Zeppelin
- She Rides – Danzig
- Loverman – Metallica (It concerns me a little how much this song turns me on, but I can’t help it.)
- When The Lights Go Out – Black Keys
- Honest I Do – Gary Clark Jr.
- You’re Makin’ Me High – Toni Braxton
- I Want You (She’s So Heavy) – The Beatles
- You Shook Me -Led Zeppelin
- When Doves Cry – Prince
- I Feel Like A Woman – Shania Twain
- I Just Want To Make Love To You – Fogat
- Candy – Presidents Of The United States Of America
- You Can Leave Your Hat On – Etta James
- Butterfly – Jason Mraz
There are SO many more, but I’ll stop here before the list gets any longer.
Now get up and dance!!
Love & life lessons,