I have been going a little stir crazy lately. I’ve been itching to get out of the house and do some work outside, drive around and take some pictures of the beautiful scenery that surrounds me, but it has been cold, raining, and even snowing at times.
In addition to the cabin fever, I’ve been bummed about not seeing Amanda before she moves to Michigan, which is today.
I sat down to write last night, poetry, fiction, what-have-you, but I didn’t like anything I wrote and I grew increasingly frustrated.
So, it’s time for some silliness. It is time for me to get out of this funk, and since I will be spending so much time at home for the foreseeable future, I might as well make the most of it, so I’ve made myself a random to-do list. I thought I would share it with you because I’m sure some of you are in the same boat.
Quarantine To-Do List:
- Finish learning the Napoleon Dynamite dance
2. Moonwalk while I mop the floors
3. Read “The Giving Tree,” by Shel Silverstein to a tree
4. Belly dance my way to the mailbox (This would actually be a great workout, and it would only give the neighbors something else to talk about! Lol.)
5. Order a kiddy pool, put on a swimsuit, sit in said kiddy pool while I drink long island iced teas, and wave to my neighbor while he mows his lawn.
6. Run down the street while singing “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It.”
7. Build a bonfire and loudly sing “We Didn’t Start The Fire.”
8. Ask people to tell me the most ridiculous story they can think of and try to write serious poetry about said stories
9. Steal Tina Belcher’s imaginary horse, Jericho, and ride him around my hard
10. Ask people for lists of the worst movies they have ever seen and fo my own version of MST3k commentary
11. Start a pest control business and set up voicemail singing “I’m walking to spiderwebs, leave a message and I’ll call you back,”
12. Make a care package with tortilla chips, salsa, queso, and guacamole and leave them on my neighbor’s porch with a note that reads, “Thank you for being nacho average neighbor.”
13. Record myself reciting jokes in a poetic tone and send the recordings to my brother
14. Fill balloons with soap and have fun washing my car
15. Draw faces on the eggs and make them look scared.
I’m feeling better already! I hope this lifted your spirits!
Love & life lessons,