I have been blessed with quite a few new followers recently, so for those of you who may have missed some of my previous posts, I found a random playlist on Spotify which I played while I started writing the next part of my novel.
I wanted to keep track of the songs so I could shape the story, and it played out like a soundtrack in my mind.
I think it would actually make a great soundtrack for a romantic comedy, which is what I’m writing, so that works.
Now I kind of want to write a blog post about what I consider to be the best soundtracks of all time. If you would like to add some input, feel free to do so in the comments. I’d enjoy that tremendously!
Anyway, I’m rambling….
I have changed this story so many times, I’ve even changed it since I shared an excerpt yesterday, so that’s not really valid any longer. Geez, I overthink everything. Haha. It’s going to take me For-Ev_ER to write this book!
I think for now I’ll just stick to sharing music that inspires my stories, and maybe introducing the characters through stories that won’t actually make it in the novel, but will help me shape their personalities, which I do from time to time, although, some of those stories might be a little too risque for this site. I mean, would any of you actually like to read erotica? I don’t plan on putting any erotica in the novel, but my main character has her kinks, and it helps me show that rather than tell it in my story if I know exactly what those kinks are.
Again, I’m rambling. My apologies. Here’s “The Soundtrack.”
- True – Spandau Ballet
2. Take Me Home – Jess Glynne
3. Angels – Robbie Williams
4. Wherever You Will Go – The Calling
5. As She’s Walking Away – Zac Brown Band featuring Alan Jackson
6. Ain’t No Sunshine – John Mayer (I find his version sexier.)
7. My Girl – The Temptations
8. Back For Good – Take That
9. The Promise – When In Rome
10. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
11. Oh, Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
12. Can I Stay – Ray Lamontagne
13. Beyond – Leon Bridges
14. Turn Me On – Norah Jones
15. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
16. Try A Little Tenderness – Otis Redding
17. Biggest Part Of Me – Ambrosia
19. Still The One – Orleans
20. Like This – Benjy Davis
21. Sweet Inspiration – Derek Trucks Band
I hope these songs offer some inspiration for you as they did for me. Now back to writing!
Love & life lessons,