My friend and fellow blogger, Mathew, author of Blog of the Wolf Boy has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Like him, I don’t always participate in these awards, however; I really enjoyed Mathew’s questions, and I have a few new(ish) followers I would like to get to know and shine a light on their blogs, so I thought I would play along for this one!
Thank you again, Mathew, I don’t have the words to tell you how grateful I am for you! ❤ Keep shining your light, my friend!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
- If you could choose anyone in the world to lead your country, who would it be?
- Keanu Reeves. Hear me out, I think he would be a great leader of America because I believe he would enforce free health care, free education, and legalize cannabis <— The three biggies I advocate for. I also believe he would look at every situation with logical & clear thinking. I believe he would change our gun laws, not that he would take away our right to bear arms (you can breathe,) but there is no reason we need to own military assault weapons, and I think he would be fair. He wouldn’t take any crap, but he would be fair. He’s also highly intelligent, and personally, I think he would do our country justice.
2. If you could go back to school to study any subject of your choice and not have to worry about finances, what would it be?
- If money were no object, I think I would be a professional student. I would love to take numerous classes, but I love to learn! I would take English Literature, Music History, Photography, Cooking classes (I’m a pretty darn good cook, but I think it would be fun to learn some new tips and tricks of the trade,) Genealogy, Astronomy, Pottery, and Ancient History.
3. What is one thing that you’ve never eaten that you’d like to try?
- Wagyu. I hear that the beef is so deliciously tender, it just melts in your mouth, and there’s a richness to it. I’m salivating just thinking about it!
4. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- I don’t think I’ve really eaten anything all that strange. I guess the strangest thing I’ve ever eaten is alligator, or maybe scrapple, some people find that strange, but it has to be RAPPA brand bacon scrapple, otherwise it’s just gross.
5. If you could have a romantic getaway with one person for a weekend, (imagine you’re single, celebrities allowed) who would it be?
- So I am an over-thinker, and I put waaaaay too much thought into this hypothetical question, but….. originally I was going to say Mr. Cumberbatch, because, well, we all know my obsession with Benedict. But, I’m not sure a getaway with a celebrity would be all that romantic. I mean if he’s filming we can’t just take a road trip on a whim, and sure we can stay indoors and cook and whatnot, but he would probably be bombarded with phone calls and since he’s under contract with Marvel he has to be at their beck and call, so no thanks.
With that being said, we’re imagining I’m single and I’ve never met my husband. So I’d like to go on a getaway with someone like my husband. Someone who makes me laugh, someone I can have intelligent conversations with, someone I can hike through the woods with and talk about deep, philosophical topics, and about life. Someone that would be silly and throw me into a lake or roll around with me in the leaves, but would also dance with me beneath the stars and pig out over a plate of nachos while watching horror movies. Someone who could sit quietly beside me while we read books and sip wine next to a fire, and sit on the front porch with me in the mornings while we watch the sunrise.
6. What was the darkest movie or novel that you’ve ever fallen in love with?
- Oh, I love this question!!! I love a lot of dark movies, and Stephen King is one of my favorite authors, so I’ve read some pretty dark books. I suppose the darkest movie that I actually fell in love with is probably “Silence of the Lambs,” I haven’t read the books yet, but they are on my TBR list. But the acting in “Silence of the Lambs,” is SO GOOD! Sir Anthony Hopkins is amazing, and plays a great creep. And the “It puts the lotion on its skin” scene still makes the hair on my arms stand. Oh, I love this movie!! A very close second would be The Shining, but I don’t know think that movie is as dark as “Silence of the Lambs,” I mean, it’s hard to beat cannibalism, and a person who enjoys killing just because he can.
7. Do you like zombie movies?
- I do! There for a while I was getting a little burnt out on them, just because there were so many of them all at once it seemed, but I do enjoy them. “Night of the Living Dead”, “Zombieland”, “World War Z”, and “I Am Legend”, are among my favorites.
8. Would you ever consider being one of the first humans to go to Mars knowing that you could never return to Earth?
- I have actually given this some thought, and I think I would. It would be interesting to go set up a future for the generations to come, and as long as I could bring at least some of my loved ones with me, I think I’d be happy.
9. Would you rather the beach or a mountain top?
- A mountain top looking down at the beach. Haha, just to be complicated. I love the ocean, I literally crave it, but the older I get the less I like big crowds, and I’ve always had a love for mountains. So I would love to sit on top of a mountain and look down at the ocean, it would be paradise!!
10. Who inspires you the most in the world?
- People who have endured great tragedies and heartaches. People who are deeply wounded, but refuse to succumb to the darkness that continues to plague them. They spread light and positivty, they show kindness and compassion even though hardly anyone shows them the same. They still believe in love despite being hurt over and over again, and they use their struggles as learning tools to make themselves stronger. I am in awe of these kinds of people. I strive to be like these kinds of people.
11. What is one of your favorite quotes
- Just one? I have many! Hmm… let me think of what I’m feeling today…..
I dearly love Pablo Neruda, he just gets me!!
- What is an ideal weekend for you?
- What is one of your favorite books or movies, and why did it speak to you so much?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done and would you do it again?
- What do you think about when you are by yourself?
- What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
- What do you consider to be the 5 most beautiful things in life?
- Which animal scares you the most?
- What song speaks to you the most?
- If you could go back in time, what historical event would you like to witness?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could ask any person in the world, alive or dead for advice, who would it be, and what would you ask?
Thanks again, Mathew!!
Love & life lessons,