Hello, beautiful souls,
Nova & I have been on hiatus from the countdown challenges, but we’re back!!
I was in desperate need of a distraction, after two events of bad news yesterday:
- A phone call in the morning, telling me that a friend of mine committed suicide.
- Another phone call when I got home from work, informing me that my uncle passed away.
So I decided to take part in our own Challenge
Click the link to see the original post to find out how you can participate!!
The Train Ride To Heaven
Driving that train, high on cocaine
I’m passing sleeping cities
Just trying to ease the pain
Wake up in New York City –
One, two three, four, walking like a man
This whole place has me feeling shitty
Gotta turn back around, find a new plan.
And with the early dawn moving right along –
Don’t worry about a thing
Take another hit from the bong
Just trying to ease the sting
Want to tell you a story
While this train takes me back home
About a man who found his glory
Playing his saxophone
Come on in and get out of the rain
If you wanna hang out, you’ve gotta take her out, cocaine
I get up in the evenin’
Trying to find what I can –
Something that brings meaning
To keep me grounded on this land.
Well, I stand up next to a mountain
Never have I felt so high
Not many blessings have I been countin’
Fallin’ freely, I’ll play my saxophone in the sky.
For Chris, I hope you’ve finally found peace, my friend.
Shuffled songs for this challenge in order of first line appearance:
- Casey Jones – The Grateful Dead
- Saving Grace – Tom Petty
- Bright Lights – Gary Clark Jr.
- The Look – Roxette
- Show Me How To Live – Audioslave
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
- One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer – George Thorogood
- Cocaine – Eric Clapton
- Dancing In The Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Voodoo Child – Jimi Hendrix
* I got lucky on this shuffle playlist. All the lines sort of flowed together. If you participate, don’t forget to link back to this or the original post, & make sure you tag Nova too!
Love & life lessons,