I have been nominated for quite a few awards recently. I have taken a bit of a break from the awards because I have so much of my own content to post, it just becomes too time consuming, however; I am deeply humbled and honored by these recognition awards because it means someone thought my blog & my words are worthy of recognition, and that means more to me than I can say.
So to honor the awardees, I do take the time to answer the questions, but I am breaking the rules of the awards. I like answering the questions, and I love reading the answers to questions. I think it’s a great way for all of us to get to know each other better!
I was nominated for two awards by the lovely, Purple Rose. The First Award she nominated me for is The Awesome Blog Award, and if you click on the link, you can see the original post where I was nominated.
Thank You Purple Rose!!
Purple Rose’s Questions:
- If you could wake up in the body of someone else, who would you pick?
- I wouldn’t want to wake up in the body of anyone else. I would want to wake up to a more fit & trim version of my own body.
2. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
- Hmmm…. you know, for just a week, I think I would like to be 5 years old again. I would spend my time hanging out with my grandma, mom, & brother.
3. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, What would it be?
- Neil’s crab cakes, my cheesy potatoes, & my dad’s coleslaw.
4. What do you constantly think about that, either makes you sad or just anything?
- Oh boy! I think a shorter question might be what don’t I constantly think about. I think a lot of my future, I worry about my husband dying young, there isn’t a day that doesn’t go by that I don’t think of my mom. I think about my fictional characters & stories, I think about my friends & family members, wondering what they are up to. I think about random, off the wall things a lot, like “I wonder if Sir Patrick Stewart listens to his own Audiobooks.” I think about work, baking, & what I’m going to send my pen pals.
5. Describe the most terrifying moment of your life so far. Have you recovered from it?
- I do not want to go into detail about the most terrifying moment in my life. I was raped, & I’ve written posts about it, but I’ll leave it at that. I don’t know that one ever really recovers from such a thing, but I have forgiven my attacker & I don’t have constant nightmares anymore.
6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which TV show would you choose?
- Parks & Recreation!!! It would be so much fun to hang out with that crew!!
7. Do you believe honesty is the best policy?
- Absolutely! It’s better to be completely honest with someone & talk through issues than to try & cover up a lie, even if it’s to spare someone’s feelings. The truth always has a way of coming out.
8. Who would you like to be stuck in an elevator with?
- Benedict Cumberbatch! (I bet you didn’t see that one coming…. haha!)
9. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
- – Christmas & birthday gifts for friends & family
- – Books
- – Craft supplies
10. What question do you hate to answer?
- This one! Haha! (Honestly, I really don’t know.)
1. If you were a celebrity and had to change your name, what would it be?
- I always thought if I ever became famous it would be for writing, and I’ve seriously considered “Paige Turner” as a Pen Name…….. I’m a dork, I know!
2. What creature(s) describe your personality? Why?
- According to the Myers Briggs Personality Test I am an INFJ. It has changed, the first time I took it, it told be I was an ENFJ. Honestly, I think I’m somewhere in between, but we’ll go with INFJ because I like the spirit Animal it gave me:
INFJ- The Wolf
Similarly to the wolf, the INFJ are quite mysterious. They are powerful and independent, but deeply value the affection of others. The INFJ do not open up to everyone, and remain hard to read for most people. Like the wolf they are remarkable in their presence, and have a way of reading situations to tell what the outcome will be before it actually happens. Wolves are pack animals and are generally monogamous creatures, finding one mate to spend their lives with. Much like the INFJ, who value close personal relationships and deep connections. INFJs have a unique way of seeing and navigating the world, just like the wolf.
Descriptions of Animal Personality Types found on https://personalitygrowth.com/myers-briggs-spirit-animals/
3. Share five songs that describe your life.
Let It Be – The Beatles
4. What movie(s) closely resembles your life? Why?
- I can’t recall every watching a movie that resembles my life.
5. Name three things you’re good at.
6. What is your favorite life advice to give?
- Allow yourself to feel. All feelings, as they come. Your pain is essential, it’s important to not become numb to it, because the only way out, is through.
7. What do people love most about you? (Ask someone close for help on this one)
- I asked my husband, these are his words:
That is an impossible question to answer. I love everything about you and that love does not have tiers, levels, or percentages. There is not a top 10 list or pie chart that I have of what I love about you. The thing I love most about you is just that, YOU. I love all of you the most and the same.
That doesn’t really answer your question, so I’ll have to just leave it at that because I don’t feel comfortable asking anyone else this question.
Rory tagged me for the “Wanna Get To Know You Better” Tag. If you click on the link, it will take you to the original post where I was tagged.
Thank you, Rory!!
- What really makes you angry?
- Lack of consideration and respect for other people & their belongings.
* #2 was a duplicate question from a previous award above. On to number 3:
3. What is your biggest fear?
- That hatred & evil are going to take over the world, and those of us whom are filled with love & empathy won’t be able to survive it.
4. What has been your best moment this year?
- A week spent in Baltimore, doing what I love the most – laughing with family, date nights with my husband, catching an Orioles game, eating delicious food, & writing!
5. If You Could Live Anywhere In The World For A Year, Where Would It Be?
6. How do you relieve stress?
- Take a bubble bath, drink a glass of wine or a cup of tea, listen to music, write, read a book, watch a comedy, or craft.
7. Would You Rather Go To Space Or To The Bottom Of The Ocean?
8. What’s your favorite season?
9. What’re your favorite sports?
- Baseball & football.
- I’m also skipping #10
Now, 10 this or that questions:
What would you prefer?
Beach or mountains
- Both (I agree with Rory!)
Ice cream or milkshakes
- Ice cream!! With sprinkles please!
New York or Paris
- New York!
Ugly genius or Good looking stupid
- Neither l am happy to just be me, and my many personalities. <– I agree with Rory once again!!
Pizza or Burger
- A big, juicy, grilled cheeseburger, with bacon, garden tomatoes, fresh lettuce, dill pickles, & a little bit of mayo! YUM!!!!
Summer or Winter
City or Village
Spring or Autumn
Mathematics or Science
Train or Airplane
- Train! Although, I can’t deny that I’m taken with planes too.
And last, but most certainly not least, my new friend Matthew, author of Blog of the Wolf Boy nominated me for the “Real Neat Blog Award.” As always, click on the link to be directed to the original post.
Thank you so much, Matthew!! I am so honored that you thought of me for this award!! ❤
1- You’ve just discovered a magic ticket that allows you to teleport in to the heart of your favorite movie. Which movie do you pick and why?
- This is such a fun question!! I have SO many favorite movies, but for this one I think I’m going to choose “Lord of the Rings.” First of all, the scenery in Middle Earth is breathtaking, I’d get to hang out with Gandolf, there’s wizards, hobbits, & dragons. Um….they have something called second breakfast, AND as if all of that wasn’t fascinating enough…. Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn!!!
2- Who’s your favorite musical artist and why?
This question is impossible to answer. There is no way i can pick just one favorite! But let’s see if I can narrow it down just a bit.
- Tom Petty – There isn’t a song of his I don’t like. His writing is remarkable, he speaks to the hearts of the broken, & I admire that greatly.
- Led Zeppelin – Listen to any of their songs, they are such a tight sounding band, but what’s amazing is that John Bonham (the drummer) will play in a different time than the rest of the band, but it still makes sense musically. They are one of the greatest rock bands of all time, in my opinion.
- Pink Floyd – For their time, Pink Floyd created new sounds. Their slow guitars & 12 minute long intros hadn’t been done before. They created the new wave of rock music in the 60’s, and that sound very much still stands today.
- Black Sabbath – I don’t care what anyone says, Black Sabbath started the Heavy Metal movement. (The only song before them I can give credit to is In A Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly.) Black Sabbath is another tight sounding band, but they were the first to introduce that dirty, low sounding guitar. To this day it is hard to create Tony Iommi’s sound because of the loss of the tips of his fingers, they were hard and calloused, so he could pull those guitar strings further & harder than anyone.
- Metallica – Everyone rags on Metallica for going off the beaten path & creating sounds that did not sound like their original albums. I, however; commend them for this. It takes guts to go out of the norm. To do something that not everyone is expecting from you. They are one of the most talented bands of all time, in my opinion. James lyrics speak to me on very deep levels, Kirk’s guitar does wonders for my soul, & Lars can play the drums like no other middle aged man!!
I could keep going, but I’ll stop here. 🙂
3- If you were invisible and could punch one person in the face, who would it be? (You may be vague if you need to be) :p
- The director of our IT department who thinks women shouldn’t be in management. He is such a moron, & I’m honestly not making fun. I could write a book on this man & his stupid ideas, & his “macho,” behavior. He pushes my buttons, I’d love to punch him in the face! Haha!!
4- Would you ever cage dive with a shark?
- Nopety, nope, nope, NOPE!!! I have to admit that I do think the concept is cool, but I’ve seen enough horror movies to know it’s a terrible idea. Something could go horribly wrong, & I would die because I become paralyzed when I’m frightened.
5- What was the best dream that you’ve ever had?
- I was walking through a magical world. The sky looked like Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night, except the sky was purple with swirls of blue, and the stars looked like glitter. The trees were orange & twisted, & the leaves looked like pink feathers, it was like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. The sidewalks looked like rainbows & there was a skeleton mariachi band, they were even wearing sombreros. There were wizards performing magic & whenever the music played the air tasted like cake.
6- What was the worst dream that you’ve ever had?
- I attended this party that took place in a Mansion. It was a costume party, but I wasn’t dressed up. I was wearing a sundress because I had just been out on a date with a guy I had met a week earlier. We walked into this old, stone mansion & my eyes were instantly drawn to a white & blue marbled fireplace. There was an oval mirror hanging above the mantel. My date left my side to go chat with a few of his friends, and I didn’t know anyone, so I leaned up against a wall, looking through the mirror at what appeared to be an empty room. The people in the room I was standing in were dancing, there were hundreds of them. I heard my date call my name so I went over to join him where he introduced me to his friends. I looked back at the people dancing & all of a sudden all of them stopped. All at once, they slowly turned their heads in unison to look at me, they all screamed, shattering the mirror above the mantel. Their eyes turned pitch black & started bleeding, blood was running from their eyes, down their bodies & I couldn’t turn my gaze away. I tried so hard, but I couldn’t look away or move my body. It was like I was frozen. The next thing I know, all of the people started exploding, blood burst everywhere, so much blood that it filled the room. I was finally able to move my body & when I went to look for my date he was gone. I started swimming in the blood, trying to find an escape, but I couldn’t. I swam for what felt like weeks, it was as if all the doors and windows in the room had disappeared, but I finally found one & as soon as I grabbed the handle all of the blood started to drain until I was lying face down on the floor. I lifted my head and saw my date with his hand extended to help me up, which I took. When I got to my feet he said, in this cold, raspy voice. “I’ve been waiting a lifetime for you Kristian.”
“Who are you?” I asked.
7- Have you ever met someone briefly that you thought you could love, but they slipped away?
- No. I have had crushes that have come & gone, but I can’t say I ever felt like anyone slipped away. Not that it would really matter now anyway, I’m very much in love with my husband. ❤ ❤
Well, this post was longer than I intended, but I hope you enjoyed getting to learn a little more about me.
Thank you again Purple Rose, Stu, Rory, & Mathew!! You are all so great & I’m honored to have such talented individuals as yourselves nominate me for awards & tags!!
Love & life lessons,