Hello beautiful souls,
My friend & fellow blogger, Sunny Larue tagged me for this fun post. It’s been a long time since I’ve answered some questions, and the child in me still loves participating in these quiz type posts, so I thought I’d participate & share these parts of myself with you.
It’s a great way for bloggers to get to know the person behind the blog.
You can read Sunny’s post where I was tagged below:
The inspiration for the Vogue Magazine Series (VMS) is to get an intimate insight on today’s favorite celebrities, reality personalities, and political personalities. These series of fast-pace questions are designed to challenge the individual to be open, & vulnerable in a way to connect to the readers. You won’t find any celebrities or reality personalities here and you don’t need to be to answer. This process is fun and I am happy to participate.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I am not the biggest Starbucks fan, but I will go there from time to time. I have about $75 worth of Starbucks gift cards in my wallet, but the closest one to me is an hour away. Anyway, when I do go, I usually get a caramel macchiato, unless it’s Christmas time, and then I will splurge & get a Venti gingerbread latte! I love their gingerbread syrup!!
2. What does your workstation look like?
Motivational quotes everywhere, pictures of my nieces & husband, geeky toys, a few certifications of my achievements, and brightly colored office supplies!! 🙂
3. Favorite food?
Crab Cakes, BBQ ribs, Mexican, & cheese.
4. Favorite author?
Stephen King, Nicholas Sparks, & Charles Dickens.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I say to each their own. If you & your partner want to be in an open relationship, who am I to judge? For me personally, I couldn’t do it. It takes away the intimacy & romance from a monogamous relationship. Plus, if you’re mine, I’m not sharing you!
6. What is your favorite video game?
Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart, Tetris, Raving Rabbids, & Monster Party.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
A bowl of ice cream and a steamy romance novel.
8. Favorite movie?
Oh….far too many to pick just one!!
- When Harry Met Sally
- Doctor Strange
- The Blues Brothers
- The Godfather
- The Goonies
- The Sandlot
- Drop Dead Fred
- The Shining
- Pet Semetary
- Step Brothers
- Forrest Gump
- Benny & Joon
- Don Juan Demarco
- Sin City
- Reservoir Dogs
- Pulp Fiction
- Star Wars Series
- Indiana Jones: Raiders Of The Lost Ark
- Avengers Series
- Lord Of The Rings Series
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- The Thing
- The Matrix
- Young Frankenstein
- The Emperors New Groove
- The Bourne Series
- John Wick
- Mary Poppins
I’ll stop here! 🙂
9. Favorite book?
The Velveteen Rabbit, To Kill A Mockingbird, A Christmas Carol, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Shining, Where The Sidewalk Ends, & Where The Wild Things Are.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram – I like Twitter too, but there’s something about pictures that draw me in. I enjoy seeing the world through the eyes of others.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Desktop at work, laptop at home, tablet on vacation!! 🙂
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
After my mom died a woman who was a couple grades ahead of me in school messaged me and told me to allow myself to feel everything as it comes. To feel the pain, to scream in agony if I must, but to not go numb, because pain is essential & the only way to heal is to go through it. It’s the best advice I’ve ever received, one that I now pass on to others, and I apply is to all aspects of my life. Thank you, Molly!! ❤
13. What project are you working on right now?
Maryland Affordable Housing Trust Grant, Pen Pal crafts, ideas for Neil’s birthday, & getting things together for our podcast!
14. Favorite color?
Orange, mint green, teal, & purple.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Yes, I did. All A’s & B’s for the most part.
16. Dream job?
A professional author or an astronaut. Hey, I dream big, what can I say?
17. Play any sports?
Only for fun now, but I played softball for a short time back in the day. I LOVE playing baseball, tennis, mini golf, & basketball the most.
18. Do you have a degree?
Unfortunately, no, but I have copious amounts of certificates!
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
The kind where the writer shares his or her own inner truths, I love raw, visceral emotion, it could be through poetry or just simply stating what they did that day. I just really enjoy reading blogs. I also like fiction & recipes.
21. What do you like to collect?
I like big mugs & I cannot lie, yeah, I have a thing for mugs. Also Funko pops, & I don’t know that I’d call it a collection more than an obsession, but I LOVE washi tape!!
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Compassionate, silly, & genuine.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
My friend, Christen. She lives in Arizona, so we spend a lot of time chatting on various social media sites & Snap Chat! It’s the only way I get to see her beautiful face to get me through until I see her in person.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
A new house!! The state is taking FOR-EV-ER!!
26. Sorting house?
So….. I was having a hard time deciding, so I took this quiz just for kicks & giggles:
And it gave me this answer:
Ugh!!! Really?!?! Even in a silly little quiz I’m all across the board. Go figure! Lol. I suppose I’ll choose Ravenclaw!
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None, yet…but I have an entire Pinterest board of ideas, but the one I’m longing for the most is this one:
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
A supportive group of friends and family that enjoy my company & love me to the fullest, laughter, & coffee.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Binge watching Stranger Things 3 with the hubs! It’s only the 9th though….
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Coffee! Lol. Actually, Christen, whom I mentioned above is truly my soul sister. She & I didn’t get to hang out in high school, so we get our silly teenage fun out now. Haha! Seriously, I want to have a sleepover with this gal…I’m talking junk food, cheesy movies, stupid quizzes, dancing around to music, boy talk…the works!! Anyway, she & I do a daily Instagram pick of our favorite celebrities. Well, we have deemed Tuesdays & Thursdays #honorablementions & today’s pick was Heath Ledger. Before we even saw each other’s choice of picture, we picked the exact same picture of Heath! It’s little things like this that truly bring me the greatest joy. I swear she & I share the same mind! It’s uncanny how much alike we are!! ❤ ❤
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Surprises, Spontaneous roadtrips, unexpected lunch dates, finding a four leaf clover, hugs from babies, cuddling, a warm towel fresh from the dryer, getting into freshly clean sheets after shaving my legs, chocolate covered strawberries, movie marathons, sunsets, finding the pull through parking spot, discovering new music, laughing so hard I can barely breathe, the first drop of coffee in the morning, Christmas tree lights, feeling the summer breeze whip through my hair while driving at night with the windows down, the feeling of sunshine on my face after a cold, harsh winter, sliding on the linoleum in my socks, dancing the stress away, a comfy pair of jeans, (you know the ones that fit so well & are perfectly broken in,) flip flops, lounging around all day in pajamas, writing, getting lost in a book, baby animals, cheesecake, appetizers, stargazing, & time spent with the people I love the most!!
32. Favorite season?
33. Favorite holiday?
Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween!!
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
I always have trouble with this question, I have character traits of a few of my favorite female characters like Linda Belcher, Elizabeth Bennett, & Sally Brown, but I’m not completely like them.
The one that comes to mind when I think of who I relate to the most is Nancy Wheeler of Stranger Things. She is strong, determined, smart, funny & fierce. She also genuinely cares about the well being of others, & while at first she loved the attention of the hunky, popular jock, she ends up falling for the underdog of her group, the nerdy, not so popular, but extremely sweet, sensitive, & intelligent guy. That’s me in a nutshell.
I asked Neil, because he knows me better than I know myself and he said Mary Hatch from It’s A Wonderful Life. This is the reason he gave (his words, not mine):
“If it wasn’t for her praying and keeping George going he would have never made it. She called all the people for money, she made their wedding night as good as she could. She was by his side in every project and was supportive of all of his dreams and hobbies. “
“And She is incredibly nice and caring for everyone. She is one who seems soft but is really strong. Plus she is very pretty. All like you.” <—– Awww!!
35. Do you like surprises?
I LOVE surprises!!!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
I always wanted the spotted elephant toy from the land of misfit toys in Rudolph. I was telling Neil this & he bought me a stuffed spotted elephant the first Christmas we were married. I still cherish that surprise!!
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I can’t recall a surprise that made me cry, but all of them have made me extremely happy!!
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
1. When my dad was growing up his mom bought him a sled for Christmas. The next morning he woke up to find that his sister had chopped it up for firewood. This story still infuriates me to this day, and I have issues with this particular aunt because of it, her personality hasn’t changed at all, but I won’t dwell on that, she’s just not my kind of people. Anyway, when I was in my 20’s, I bought my dad a sled for Christmas. I left it on the front porch with a ribbon & told him to go out & check what Santa had left for him. I attached a note that said it was for the child he was robbed of years ago. It made him cry, & then I cried, & then my mom cried.
2. Neil and I stumbled upon this beautiful pond while searching for moose in Vermont. The pond was just so beautiful, and there was this canoe sitting next to it, making the view perfectly picturesque. Neil snapped this beautiful photo that we both just fell in love with. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out since he took the picture on his cell phone, but I had it enlarged & framed, & it turned out beautifully! I gave it to him for Christmas, & he didn’t have a clue what it was. He was so surprised, & it brings back fond memories for both of us. It is still hanging on our wall. ❤
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes, I do. Specifically the mammoth muffins from Perkins! Banana nut & blueberry are my favorites.
40. Do you cook often?
Yes. I love to cook!!
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
It’s a tie between key lime pie & cannolis.
Sweet potato pie & raisin filled cookies.
43. Cake or pie?
Pie please, but I do like cake too.
44. What’s your least favorite food?
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Ranch dressing. Lord, I think I need an intervention, lol. I love ranch dressing.
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
If it’s 4 am on a random Saturday & I’m not sleeping, someone better be dying. Lol!
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
48. Best animated film?
I have to agree with Sunny on this one, Wall-E! Not only is the entire movie an interesting concept about a futuristic world, but the love story between Wall-E & Eve is simply adorable, the movie is humorous, & there’s very little dialogue.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
My husband impressed me when we were dating by surprising me with a slow dance in his living room to John Mayer’s “Gravity.” I’m also always impressed by great cooks, masters of words, guitar players, & a great sense of humor. *swoon*
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Something out of the ordinary, a breakfast date, a picnic, touring a national park or museum. Something that allows for great conversation & insight.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
A no tell motel, actually that’s just a bad date at any time…just don’t!
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
A notebook, chewing gum, & lip gloss.
55. Favorite drink?
Cocktail: Long Island Iced Tea
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favorite sushi roll?
Vegetable – cucumber & avocado, no raw fish, please!
59. What lipstick do you use?
I don’t usually wear lipstick, but when I do on very rare occasions, my go to is Benefit’s They’re Real, Revved Up Red, liner & lipstick in one.
60. What foundation do you use?
Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Typically air dry,.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t really have a fashion icon. Just like with everything else, my taste is very eclectic. I love boho chic, I love office attire, dress pants, skirts, dresses, etc…, I love lacy, little black dresses & high heels (although I rarely dress up like that,) I especially love my band tee shirts, blue jeans, & puma sneakers! I’m just all over the place.
Mary Poppins, Eeyore, Mushu, & Kronk.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Oh gosh….. this is a hard one…..
- Step Brothers
- Young Frankenstein
- Blazing Saddles
- Team America
- Monty Python & The Holy Grail
- Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein
- The Other Woman
- The Emperors New Groove
66. Movie that made you cry?
Oh, so many….
- Forrest Gump
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
- Marley & Me
- The Green Mile
- Saving Private Ryan
- …many others.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Ringo Starr or James Hetfield!!!
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
69. What’s your favorite animal?
Monkeys, penguins, & otters.
Charles Shultz & H.R. Geiger
72. What country would you like to visit?
Scotland, Ireland, England, & Italy.
73. Best way to decompress?
A bubble bath & a glass of wine, having my hair played with, or laughing.
Thank you so much for tagging me in this sunny! I had a lot of fun with this one.
Anyone who would like to participate. Please feel free!!
Love & life lessons,