I have really been enjoying my day off! Day 2 of a 4 day weekend!! I’m so excited!!
They are calling for storms every day until Tuesday, so it is a stay indoors, watch television, listen to music, dance, consume a little too much wine, and relax mini staycation!!
Top 4 On Repeat This Week:
- Blow – Ed Sheeran featuring Chris Stapleton & Bruno Mars
I’m cheating a little bit with this one. I just discovered it this morning, but I have already listened to it at least 5 times, and have been dancing around my house to it!
2. Movement by Hozier
I love Hozier, he has such a unique voice. He’s also a fabulous song writer, and I’m in awe of his talent. This is another song that has had me dancing around my house today!!
3. I’ll Be Your Man by The Black Keys
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Black Keys!! They are one of my all time favorite bands. I don’t think there’s a song of theirs I don’t like. I’m tellin’ ya, it’s that guitar, there’s just something about it that makes me move!!
4. Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Jefferson Starship
This is one of my guilty pleasure songs. I can’t help it, whenever I hear it I have to turn up the radio and sing along at the top of my lungs!! It came on the radio earlier this week, while I was driving. I had my windows down and was stopped at a red light, belting out the lyrics. The people in the car next to me just stared at me with smiles on their faces. Haha! I didn’t care, I was having the time of my life!! It’s just such a catchy song! I love it so much!!
Highlights Of The Week:
Watching the sunset with Amanda!!
Dancing!! I know I dance every day, but it’s something I really enjoy and I try not to take it for granted. I try and dance every chance I get! It brings me such joy!
Stranger Things 3!! Neil and I binge watched the entire season yesterday!! AHHH!!! It’s SOOOO good!!!
Baking!! I love to bake, especially cupcakes, but I don’t make them very often because I don’t want a bunch of sweets in the house. I have very little will power when it comes to sweets. I do, however; take the opportunity when I know we’re having get together’s and other people will help me eat them. A Fourth of July BBQ was the perfect occasion for homemade strawberry cupcakes with homemade strawberry buttercream icing!
Don’t mind the icing on my thumb. It’s just proof that I am a messy cook! Haha.
- Grilling Out/Picnics! There is something about a grilled hamburger that makes my mouth water! I also make this delightful macaroni salad with cheese, green pepper, and cherry tomatoes, it is so good!! I don’t make it very often, but I always indulge when I do. It’s one of my favorite things on this planet!
- Discovering new music!! I’ve been perusing spotify lately, listening to random playlists and finding some wonderful new tunes to add to my own playlists! I love music so much!!
- This sweet baby who hears her mom’s voice for the first time!! Be still my heart!!
- These hyper-realistic drawings/paintings by Marcello Barenghi. This blew my mind! I spent hours watching his numerous videos on YouTube. The dude is crazy good!!
“Who’s On First?” Abbot & Costello.
I laughed so hard the first time I saw this. Like rolling on the floor, holding my stomach laughing! Bahahaha!
Wishing all of you a fantabulous weekend!
Stay weird and great!!
Love & life lessons,