I was tagged for The Behind The Blogger Tag by both Laura Beth and Purple Rose. I want to thank both of these lovely women and authors for the tag. I am deeply humbled and honored by it! You can click on their names to find their original posts, while there, I highly recommend you check out their other work, both of these ladies have some amazing content. If you haven’t checked them out before, you are truly missing out.
Thanks again, ladies!!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging & why have you kept blogging?
I started blogging back in 2015. I had a few friends that had blogs and I greatly enjoyed reading theirs, so I started branching out and reading other blogs, all different kinds of blogs, and I thought, “Ya know, I’d really like to start one of my own.” My mother was very ill and writing has always been very therapeutic for me, so I started my blog. I had no idea at the time how it would grow. I wrote with the intentions of letting my soul bleed on paper, which is why I still write, and if I could reach a few people who struggled with grief, who had also been raped, and any other obstacles that life tends to throw at us, well I figured that would be something great!
I continue writing for me. I love you all dearly, those of you who take the time to read my blog and comment mean the absolute world to me. The few friendships I’ve made through the blogosphere I hold very dear to my heart, but at the end of the day my blog is strictly for me. If I had absolutely no followers and nobody commented or liked my posts, I would still write because it helps me to get my thoughts and feelings on paper.
But once again, thank you to those of you who do read, like, and comment, you have come to be a part of my life, and I wouldn’t trade any of you for the world! 🙂
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Fiction. I have recently learned how much I really enjoy it, and I hate bragging, so please don’t think I am, but I’m surprised at how good I am at it. I take pride in all of my fictional pieces, but just like with any of my posts, my best ones are when I put a little bit of myself into it. You’ll know because it flows better, you can feel my emotions, well, at least I hope you can. I mean, I think I’m good, but I’m not phenomenal. I mean, I’m no Stephen King.
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
I agree with Laura Beth, this is such a tough question!
Here are my favorites:
- Love & The Country #3 – Let’s Get Deep and Philosophical
- Fiction Friday #3 – The Black Shirt
- Father Time
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Reading, writing, coloring in those awesome adult coloring books, painting, cooking, watching television or movies, listening to music, bubble baths, a glass of wine, taking a leisurely stroll, sitting by a waterfall, sitting on a beach, and yoga.
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Whenever I receive positive feedback on a blog post I don’t think is that great or well written. I wouldn’t say I need words of affirmation, but who doesn’t like receiving them?
When I share the very depths of my soul, when I truly allow my truths to bleed on paper, whether I receive feedback or not. It’s not about that for me, honestly, I don’t even really pay that much attention to my stats, I just love sharing these bits of myself and putting my heart on paper, it’s so freeing, and it takes courage, and I commend myself for doing it.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Crafting. I have quite a few pen pals now, so I really enjoy making them things, my latest is mini bookmarks. I’d share pictures, but I haven’t sent them yet, so that will be another post. I also work with polymer clay, make homemade Christmas ornaments, and wreaths of all kinds. I love creating things!
Photography – I have recently really gotten into it. I dearly love it!
Cooking – I absolutely love to cook. I enjoy creating new recipes, my husband I enjoy cooking together, it’s one of my favorite things, ever!
Baking and decorating – I love baking and decorating cakes, cookies, and pastries!! There’s an art to it.
Music – I play the clarinet, and I’m learning piano & guitar (slowly, I’ll get there one day…..maybe.)
Art – I’m not great at painting or drawing, but it’s a great stress reliever, so I do it anyway!
Collecting Mugs – I am a lover of mugs, especially large, unique, and quirky ones. I don’t know what it is about them exactly, but I find myself drawn to them.
Collecting Funko Pops. I love them, they are soooooo cute!!!!
Reading, of course, I love to read. I always have!
8. Describe your personality in 3 words:
Compassionate, ambitious, and fun
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- Lack of consideration – both on and off the road.
- Constant Complainers – I get that crap happens in life, and we’re all guilty of complaining sometimes, but I’m talking about people that can never find anything good. I had a boss like that once, I used to joke that you could put him on a beach, allow him to relax, and get a beautiful woman in a bikini to serve him all day and he would complain because the sun was too hot or the girl wasn’t blonde. The sad thing is, it’s probably true. I get that life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows, but LORD, you can’t tell me that there’s absolutely nothing that brings you joy. It’s just depressing to be around Debbie Downers all the time.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
Ummm….. I can’t think of anything. I share so much of myself. Is there anything you’d like to know?
Tag – You’re It!
- I take everyone!!
Love & life lessons,