I have been nominated by the fabulous Kristian at Tales From The Mind of Kristian. If you have not checked out his eclectic blog, I implore you to do so! He has a little bit of everything, short stories, fiction, real life adventures, and poetry. He’s an outstanding poet, and his blog is one of my absolute favorites!
You can read his post here:
Thank you so much, Kristian! I am deeply humbled and honored by your nomination!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things about me: (I’m trying to think of things you may not already know.)
- My favorite flowers are: Sunflowers, Dahlia’s, Stargazer Lilly’s, and Orchids.
- My favorite perfume is Black Opium
- I had two pieces of poetry published in a National Poetry book back in 2001. I was 16 going on 17 (Now that song will be stuck in my head) 9/11 had just happened, and one of those poems was about that dreadful day. The other one was written for my late grandmother. I should find those poems and share them with you.
Questions from Kristian F.:
- Name something you like to see in a book, that makes you want to read further.
- An early hook. It doesn’t matter what genre, I’ll read pretty much anything as long as I’m hooked within the first couple of chapters, otherwise I lose interest.
2. What would make you want to stop reading a book?
- A book that is poorly written, a book that introduces too many characters right away, or graphic rape scenes.
3. If they produced the story of your life, what genre would it be?
- Hmmm….. what an interesting question, Kristian! I guess drama. I try to avoid drama, but between the office stories (I could write a book on those alone,) losing my mom, my husband’s health issues, my dad’s cancer, my cancer scare, and a few other challenges that I’ve dealt with in my short life, I suppose drama fits the bill.
4. If you could have a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What advice would you like to give to your ten-year-old self?
- Oh boy!! I would tell myself that I’m smarter than I realize, and to focus my time and energy into school work, to really try my best to be a straight A student, that boys don’t matter, and while it’s fun to have dates and go to dances and build memories that I’ll look back on fondly, all of the crushes, all of that wasted time, is just that, wasted time! It could have been better spent on me, instead of some silly boy that won’t even matter when we’re older. I would tell myself to really strive for a career in data science. It’s hard, it’s a lot of schooling, and we’d have to move, but we grow a love of Seattle, so maybe we’d have better luck there. I’d also tell myself to spend more time with my mom, because we lose her early, and we are robbed of all of the things we had planned with her. And once we do get a good job in data science, making a 6 figure salary, take the time to fly mom to Hawaii, maybe even make it just a girls trip!!
I’m going to rebel a bit and not follow the rest of the rules. I have found that when it comes to awards, for some reason here lately, my nominees aren’t participating, and they apologize, saying they have enough of their own content they want to post and I don’t want to put any pressure on them. There are so many favorites that I have that I have a hard time choosing nominations anyway! If you would like to participate, please feel free to do so, because it takes courage to write a blog and put yourself out there, and that alone is worthy of this award, in my opinion. Just tell us a little bit about yourself, and either answer Kristian’s questions above, or come up with 5 of your own! Be creative!
Love & life lessons,