I was tagged by the lovely Laura Beth for The Christmas Tag, you can read her post below:
The tag was created by The Bright Bookcase, you can read the original post:
- You must thank the person who nominated you
- Link back to the original post (the one on this blog) and use the graphic provided.
- Answer the questions given.
- Nominate at least 3 people. (or more if your feeling like a nice person )
- Give the nominees 10 questions to answer (or use the ones previously given)
- HAVE FUN!
- How do you celebrate Christmas?
- I have many traditions all throughout the season, but on Christmas day Neil and I spend the morning together, just the two of us, opening gifts, watching the digital fire on the television (we don’t have a real fireplace,) listening to Christmas music and eating breakfast. We lounge around in our pajamas for a couple of hours before we start preparing Christmas dinner and spending the rest of the day with my dad.
2. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol or hymn?
- O’ Holy Night by Josh Groban or Harry Connick Jr.
3. Do you like snow?
- I like a little snow on Christmas day, after that it can go away.
4. What is your favorite contemporary Christmas song?
- Snoopy’s Christmas – The Royal Guardsmen
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy – David Bowie & Bing Crosby
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Christmas Time Is Here – Vince Guaraldi
- The Christmas Song – Michael Buble
5. What does your Christmas dinner table look like?
- Red, Green, & White Fiesta Ware plates, a lit cedar & balsam candle with my mother and mother-in-laws pictures. Even though they aren’t with us physically, we know they are in spirit.
6.What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Oh boy, I have too many to go into too much detail, but I should blog about these. (Thanks for the idea, Laura Beth!)
- My niece, Alyssa’s first Christmas
- The Christmas my cousin Brian came and my mom walked around the house with a lampshade on her head. (Haha, I’m sure you’re all dying to hear this story.)
- The last Christmas I spent with my Grandmother Bateman.
- The first Christmas Neil and I spent as a married couple
7. If you could take a paid two-week break for Christmas this year, what would you do, and why?
- I am taking a week’s paid vacation this year. If I had a full two weeks vacation in an ideal world I would fly myself, Neil, and my dad to California to visit my brother and his family. But since this is not an ideal world and Neil has to have dialysis and traveling is extremely hard, I would spend the holidays in Baltimore with Neil’s family, which would also be nice. It would be great if I could get my Californian’s to fly in and we could all spend the holiday together! I need to write a best seller or win the lottery so I can buy a big enough house, plane tickets, and any other travel arrangements to make this happen! Maybe one day…… In the meantime, I’ll keep dreaming. That’s all I want, just a big family get together one Christmas!
8.Do you have a favorite Christmas book / piece of literature?
- A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens
- Skipping Christmas – John Grisham
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas – Dr. Suess
9 .Is there a Christmas movie that you don’t like?
- Jingle All The Way (1996) – I can’t stand this movie!!
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
10. Do you have a favorite Christmas special?
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Dr. Suess’s How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- The Year Without A Santa Claus
- Prep and Landing
- Garfield’s Christmas
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- What are your Christmas traditions?
- What’s your favorite thing about Christmas, if you’re not a Christmas fan, what is your favorite holiday?
- Christmas ham, Christmas turkey, or something else?
- What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?
- What’s your favorite Christmas memory? (I had to steal this one, Laura Beth!)
- If you could have any Christmas wish come true, what would it be?
- Is there any place you would especially like to visit at Christmas time?
- Do you tend to let all the Christmas commercialism get the best of you? If not, how do you avoid it?
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- What non-Christmas feel good movies (if any) do you watch this time of year? For example, mine are Mary Poppins & When Harry Met Sally.
Thank you so much, for the tag Laura Beth! This was so much fun!!
Please don’t feel obligated to do this, but I really enjoyed it and I tried to pick the people I thought would enjoy it as well!
Also, if I didn’t tag you, but you would like to do it, please feel free, but please link my post because I’d just love to read your answers!! 🙂
Love & life lessons,