Here are the rules:
Tell who you nominate and why.
Copy and share the picture that shows the award, posted above.
Share a paragraph of something that impacted your own life in the way of receiving kindness or how you extended kindness to someone else.
Nominate anyone or share to your own page. If you so choose to Participate.
Tag or pingback to the original person who nominated you, or the original post.
I don’t talk about at all, because I feel like if we boast about the good deeds we do in our life, are we actually doing them for the right reasons, or just for the recognition of doing them. I, personally, don’t want the recognition. I do random acts of kindness whenever possible. I decided to go ahead and share since Rory was so kind to nominate me for this award, and maybe, it will get more people involved in participating in more random acts of kindness. Here are a few of my favorite ways to spread kindness around:
- If I read a blog post that is really well written, or I find really interesting, I let the blogger know! Everyone needs to hear that their work is commendable, and more importantly, that people are listening!
- I pay someones coffee at the coffee shop. I’ll let the barista know, hey, the next single mother, police officer, soldier, etc… that comes in to buy a coffee, tell them a stranger already paid for it.
- If I know a friend, relative, or colleague is going through a hard time I’ll buy them a card or make them a care package.
- I’m a manager at my work, so I make it a point to recognize my staff when they go above and beyond! I’ll buy them gift cards or a box of candy to say thank you!
- I haven’t always been able to do this, but whenever I have the means, I try to put together a package for a struggling single mother for the holidays, I want her to be able to buy her children Christmas presents, and have a nice meal.
- I send Christmas cards to soldiers over seas
- I put care packages together for the Veterans in nursing homes who don’t have family to come and visit.
- I smile at strangers as I pass by them.
- I compliment people
- I try to lift peoples spirits when I know they are feeling down
I firmly believe that if we have some wealth, we should share it with those less fortunate. What a wonderful place the world would be if those living in higher powers and wealth felt the same!
B.W. – B was one of my first supporters to the blogging community. She is always sharing helpful writing tips. I’ve also seen her go above and beyond to reach out to people who struggle with anxiety and depression!
Laura Beth – Let me just tell you how awesome this lady is! She has been there for me countless times, offering support, prayers, and care packages when my husband is in the hospital, or if she knows we are going through a hard time! I appreciate her so much!
Lauren – This lovely lady raises money for organizations she believes in, stands firm for women’s rights, stands up against bullying, and countless other kind acts! Just go check out her blog, and see the kindness she spreads to others!!
What about you? What are some ways you show kindness? How has someones act of kindness impacted you?
Thanks again, Rory!!
Love & Life Lessons,