I was tagged by Laura Beth for another awesome tag!
Laura Beth found this really interesting tag from Kim. She writes at Over The Andes. Check out her blog! I think you’ll like it.
Here’s the link to Kim’s original post:
- Choose the author or philosopher (it should be one from the Ancient Time). Don’t know anyone? Google it. It shouldn’t be so hard.
- Choose 3 quotes of this author/philosopher. The country of origin – doesn’t matter (Egypt, Greece…Italy). Add any info or explanation if you like.
- Share those quotes and nominate 3 to 6 people; Ops, that’s not obligatory.
- The title for the post? Choose something cool.
My choice is Plotinus (204 – 270 C.E.) Plotinus is considered to be the founder of Neoplatonism. Plotinus developed a complex, spiritual cosmology made up of three elements: the One, the Intelligence, and the Soul. If you know me at all, I’m sure you are beginning to understand why I chose Plotinus!
- Beauty addresses itself chiefly to sight, but there is a beauty for the hearing too, as in certain combinations so words and in all kinds of music; for melodies and cadences are beautiful; and minds that lift themselves above the realm of sense to a higher order are aware of beauty in the conduct of life, in actions, in character, in the pursuits of the intellect; and there is the beauty of the virtues.
- Withdraw into yourself and look. And if you do not find yourself beautiful as yet, do as the creator of a statue that is to be made beautiful; the sculptor cuts away here, smooths there, makes this line lighter, this other purer, until he or she has shown a beautiful face upon the statue.
- The stars are like letters that inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky. Everything in the world is full of signs. All events are coordinated. All things depend on each other. Everything breathes together.
Tag – You’re It
Anyone who wants to do this!! This was a unique one, I really enjoyed it!!
Love & life lessons,