One week of the “Road to Healthy” is in the books! It wasn’t as difficult to make the adjustments to my diet as I thought it would be. Last Tuesday, I forgot that I had a meeting and didn’t pack a lunch. I was pressed for time, so I ran to McDonald’s, which I could literally walk to from work. I ordered an Artisan grilled chicken sandwich, but I threw out the bread & toppings, and I had a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette to go with it. It was really good, and low calorie! I have been doing really well so far, and I’m enjoying trying new recipe’s, even Neil is loving the new diet!
Here are a few of my favorites from last week:
Maryland Crab Soup
MARYLAND CRAB SOUP
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (I used more, but we LOVE Old Bay!)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cups beef broth (I used an entire box of Sams Choice Organic Beef Bone Broth, about 4 cups)
- 2 cups water (Instead of water, I used the juice from the diced, canned tomatoes)
- 1 cup of all of the following ingredients:
- carrots, sliced
- potato, cut into small cubes (I omitted potatoes) – For the rest of the veggies I used a bag of frozen vegetables)
- yellow sweet corn, frozen
- lima beans, frozen
- peas, frozen
- 25 oz can diced tomatoes
- Half of 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb crab meat, cooked …I used Backfin, but lump and claw work just fine. I’ve found in soups, it all tastes good!
1.) Place in Crockpot on high for 2-3 hours.
Blue Corn Chips and Red Roasted Pepper Hummus!
- One large pot filled with water (Makes about a gallon)
- 5 Tazo Wild Orange tea bags
- 5 Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion tea bags
Brew on stove for 12 minutes on high
Turn off heat, and let tea bags steep for 8 minutes
Remove tea bags & add 1 cup of agave nectar
Let cool & pour in gallon sized pitcher
Refrigerate & enjoy cold!
Stay tuned for more recipe’s & snacks next week. I am constantly trying new things! I will post my progress monthly. My weight tends to fluctuate a lot when I start working out, which is my goal for this week, so I don’t want to post weekly updates on my progress, as it tends to discourage me.
Thanks for reading!
Love & life lessons,
I like this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m still on the healthy mission & I try to follow the Paleo diet, but my posts on this have been lacking.
LikeLiked by 1 person