I apologize for not updating my blog in a while. I have been under a lot of stress lately, and while writing actually helps me alleviate stress, I just have not had the energy when I get home. I just want to lay on my couch and veg out. I have missed writing, and hearing from my readers though, so I promise to try and make more of an effort to write an entry more often. I have lots of thoughts and things I want to discuss, so keep your eyes open for some more posts! Here are my gratitude challenged for week’s 9, 10, and 11. We are currently on week 12, so i plan to post that one in a day or two! Enjoy!
Love and Life Lessons,
How did you do/feel?
I have been feeling overwhelmed at work. I have had a lot of paperwork come up, and it seems like it is due all at one time. Things have finally started to calm down a bit, but I just have not had the energy when I get home to devote to my blog, and for that I apologize. So I haven’t really been doing very well with this challenge, but it does help me realize the small things I take for granted every day. I am going to get caught up with this challenge, and then I am going to make my best effort to post weekly.
List 5 things you like about you
I had to think long and hard about this one, but I think I’ve pinned down the things about me that make me a good person, these 5 traits are the core of who I am.
- My sense of humor. I laugh A LOT. In fact, I’m a big goof ball, but it’s one of my favorite things in the world, to laugh. I’m able to laugh at myself as well, which I think is important.
- My determination. It might take me a while, but once I set my mind on something and decide that I’m going to do it, there is no stopping me.
- My compassion. I am able to put myself in others shoes, which really comes in handy in my line of work. Sometimes it gets the better of me because I feel things so deeply, and I really get emotionally attached to people, (this also includes fictional characters) so when someone I love hurts, I hurt for them. I still don’t know if I am more heartbroken over the fact that I lost my mom, or if my heart breaks more for my dad who lost the love of his life.
- My talents. I am not the greatest at anything, but I have many talents including playing the clarinet, crafting, writing, baking, cooking. I also want to learn how to sew, and crochet. I am also really getting into photography, and while I’m not the best at it, I have taken some pretty impressive pictures. There are a lot of things I cannot do, but I have learned that there are a lot of things I can do, which once again comes in handy at my job since I have to multi-task. I am learning that it’s okay to talk about my accomplishments; I’m not bragging, but embracing them!
- My strength, not physical, but mental. I have been through a lot in my short time here on earth. I have gone through numerous things at one time, and I’ve had people come to me and tell me that it would have broken them, and they asked me how I was still standing. A part of that comes from my faith. I truly believe that no matter what happens, everything will work out the way it’s supposed to. Of course, I question. I’m only human, and sometimes I wonder just how much God thinks I can handle. Another part comes from knowing that the world doesn’t stop just because I am going through a hard time. Sometimes that’s a difficult thing to grasp. My mom died the day after Christmas, and I got so angry because people were celebrating the holidays with their loved ones, they were going on about their normal tasks, while my family was hurting, our world stopped turning, why didn’t everyone else’s? I know that’s not fair, and I still feel guilty for feeling that way! It is a part of life though. I can go through hell, and the people who love and support me might hurt for me, and they are most certainly there for me, but life goes on, the world in deed keeps spinning, and while I may feel like everything is crumbling around me, I have to push through the rubble, walk through the fire, and make it to the other side, because there’s a whole life ahead of me, and I have no idea where that life is going to take me, or what may be a part of it, but I truly believe that while there will indeed be more hardships, my life will be great, because my life already is great!
Someone who inspires you
This was a hard one for me because there are so many people who inspire me. So many authors, musicians, actors, and people I know personally, but I think if I had to choose one person who inspires me as a whole, who I would aspire to be like I would have to say Mother Theresa. She was a phenomenal lady who deserves the term “saint” to be before her name. I am far from being a saint, but I think I share her compassion for people. I think she and I both are people who love deeply. This woman devoted her whole life to God. She didn’t have a dime to her name, yet she gave and gave to the needy, never once expecting anything in return. I know that Mother Theresa had her doubts about God, but honestly, who hasn’t? She was a very devout Catholic, and her faith remained strong despite all of her hardships. I try to do little things, like pay for a stranger’s coffee, or tip the cleaning lady at the mall. I try to go above and beyond to help my clients, and anyone who I think may need a helping hand, but I find myself getting discouraged. I find myself wanting more for myself whether it be money, or another car, or whatever. I am learning to be grateful for what I have, but I would love to just give and give without ever expecting anything in return, I would love to have faith so strong that I can say “Okay God, I trust you.” Instead of asking, “Why me?”