Week 8: Express Gratitude to 3 people
I am going to cheat a little and lump my coworkers and my boss together into one category instead of individually. I am grateful for so many people, and there are people I haven’t mentioned, and I don’t want to overlook anyone, so I’m technically going to tell you how and why I’m grateful for these 6 people.
- My boss and co-workers:
- Lisa – My director, I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am for this lady. She is an amazing boss, she’s very understanding and works with her staff, she ALWAYS has our backs, even if that means putting her butt on the line, but of course we would do anything for her! She has become a friend, and she and I share a lot of common interests. Lisa has been very understanding through the loss of my mom, offering me time to myself to cry or whatever I need. I couldn’t have asked for a better boss.
- Jen – My supervisor. Oh what can I say about Jen? Ha ha! Jen has broken me out of my shell a little. She has made me realize my accomplishments, and encourages me to brag about myself a little instead of hiding in the background. She is always telling me how smart I am, and she treats me like an equal instead of her assistant. She too is very understanding, and is easy to get along with. She shares my love of shopping, fashion, and Starbucks!
- Deb – Deb is so awesome! I love this woman, and am so glad I have the opportunity to work with her on a daily basis. Deb was a big comforter to me through the loss of my mom. She told me that she was there for me if I needed to cry, scream, or whatever. She let me come into her office and vent about whatever I needed to. She understood what I was going though, and she talked me through it, she helped calm me down, and she never once lied to me. She told me that telling my mom it was okay to die would be the hardest thing I would ever have to do, but that it needed to be done, she told me that after she passed time would not heal my wounds, but it would make it more bearable. She didn’t sugar coat anything, and I absolutely love that about her! I have a friend that I can share my thoughts and feelings with, and all three of these amazing ladies have been added to my support group! I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to work with such wonderful people. They have become my family, and they always make me feel appreciated!
- My dad – I have always been daddy’s girl. At a very young age I realized how hard of a worker my dad is. He has had a big impact on my life. He showed me how a man should love and treat a woman. He was amazing to my mom. He taught my brother and I how to be decent human beings, to be loving, caring, and to stand up for what we believe in. He taught us to always be true to ourselves, and while we should go out of our way to help others, that doesn’t mean we need to let people take advantage of us. That was a hard lesson for me to learn! My dad is one of the strongest and best men I know. There isn’t a thing in this world he wouldn’t do for me or my brother, and he always went out of his way to make sure we felt loved, and he still does! My dad is a fighter. He has beat Lymphoma and is currently in remission, but it just amazes me that he never once got sick. He’s the only person I know who gained weight on chemo. He amazes me daily! The only thing better than having him as a dad will be one day having him be the best grandfather ever to my children!
- Jesus Christ – The timing for this couldn’t have been better since yesterday was Easter! Jesus gave his life so that I could have eternal life! Jesus took the pain and suffering so that my sins could be forgiven. How could I not be grateful for that? How could I not owe him my life? I fail him daily, but his love for me remains! Our Lord and Savior gave up His life for us! For humans, and while not all of us are mean spirited or hateful, a lot of us are. Yet, here was this perfect man who saw the good in us, and despite our faults he decided that we were worth giving his life for. My mind can’t even comprehend that. Can you imagine how wonderful a place the world would be if we all had that mentality? If every single one of us were capable of loving everyone, including our enemies? Jesus asked God to forgive the people who were torturing him saying “Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.” I have to fight back tears every time I think of it!
I will leave you with two favorite quotes from two of my favorite songs, and then the links to the songs!
“My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought. My sin, not impart, but the whole, has been nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Oh my soul!” – It is Well With My Soul
“The very same God that spins things in orbit runs to the weary, the worn and the weak. And the same gentle hands that hold me when I’m broken, they conquered death to bring me victory!” – Redeemer by Nicole C. Mullen
I hope all of you have a wonderful week, and I will be posting week 9 later on this week, since I am a week behind! Enjoy!
Love & Life Lessons,