I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the phenomenally talented Kristian at Tales From the Mind of Kristian
If you are not already following Kristian, I implore you to click on the link and browse his blog! Kristian shares many of his talents such as pieces of fiction, poetry, and fabulous photos! He is a great writer,and I think you’ll find you like his work! Plus, he has an awesome name. 😉
Thank you so much Kristian, as I told you before I am deeply honored to have been nominated by you!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
- Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
- If you could travel in a time machine, where and when would you travel to?
This is a hard question. There are so many events I would have liked to have witnessed, but I’m going to go with the 1966 World series. It was the first World Series for the Baltimore Orioles, and we beat the Los Angeles Dodgers!
2. Which extinct animal would you love to bring back to life?
The Wholly Mammoth. I remember I had to write a report about these beautiful creatures in the 5th grade, and I’ve been taken with them ever since!
3. Would you rather be Rich but without friends (money can’t buy you friends but they can buy you acquaintances) or have lots of lovely friends but very little money?
Friends! I don’t even need lots, just a few good ones, like the ones I already have! I can’t imagine life without them, and I wouldn’t trade them for all of the money in the world! Money can buy me lots of nice things, and money can acquire acquaintances, sure, but a life without friendship is not worth living, at least in my opinion.
4. What is your favourite meal to have in a restaurant?
My original thought was crab cakes, however; my husband, my friend, Amanda, and I can all make delicious crab cakes, and I feel like for this question I need to choose something I don’t eat very often, because I don’t make it myself, or can’t get it very often, so I am going to say BBQ ribs, however; they have to be so tender that they just fall off the bone, those are the absolute best!!
5. Do you prefer Savoury or Sweet?
While I do have to admit that I have a sweet tooth, I have to go with savory, because I am addicted to cheese and pistachios.
6. Name one of your favourite authors and one of their books
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities.
7. Do you have a favourite song or piece of music. Which is it?
Wow, this question is even harder than the first. Are you trying to kill me, Kristian?! I am a HUGE music lover, and the answer to this question could probably change hourly, however; I am going to go with a song I often find myself singing while I’m making dinner, that I just have to listen to when it comes on, and that no matter how many times I hear it, brings tears to my eyes, because it’s so beautiful. That song is: Hallelujah, written by Leornard Cohen, performed by Jeff Buckley. I’d love to learn how to play this on piano!
8. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I realized how much I had missed writing. I have many journals from my child and adolescent years. I’ve been writing for as far back as I can remember, and with the exception of a creative writing course I took in college, I hadn’t done much writing since high school. I’m not sure why I ever stopped! Writing is and always has been very cathartic for me. It’s the best way I know to describe how I’m feeling, and having a few friends that blog, I thought why not share my ideas and talents too! It was perfect timing because I started my blog in August of 2015, and I knew I wouldn’t have my mother much longer, and I needed that outlet. My very first blog post was how I had prayed for the very first time for God to call my mother home if it meant she would no longer be in pain. I won’t get into the details, you are more than welcome to read the blog posts if you like. They are archived in 2015 and early 2016. I lost my mother on December 26th, 2015.
9. What type of blogs and posts do you most enjoy reading?
Yours, Kristian! 🙂 I like reading about real life stories. I like blogs where the writer bears his or her soul and isn’t afraid to dig deep and let us in on what’s going on in their minds and in their hearts! I fall in love with people’s passions and rawness, and I very much appreciate the courage it takes to share those with the world. I greatly admire those that do! I also really like blogs that share knowledge, as I love to learn! Also, photographs! It’s amazing how much you can learn about a person just by the pictures they take, it gives us a little glimpse of how they view the world! If you couldn’t tell, answering this question really excited me!!
10. If you won a holiday, what type would you prefer? A sightseeing holiday taking in lots of scenery? A beach holiday with lots of relaxing? An Adventure holiday with lots of activities? None of the above?
Hmm… this is another hard one! I really love to sight see and take all kinds of pictures, but, relaxing on a beach sounds heavenly right now!! Yes, I want the beach!!
11. If you wrote a novel, or maybe you already have, or are in the middle of it. What would it’s title be and what is it’s genre?
Ha ha! I have numerous stories started, all of them are ideas for novels. The one I am currently working on is the one I am most excited about! It’s a mixed genre, it’s a sci-fi, action, mystery,romance. Have I peaqued your interest? I’m not sure about a title yet, this idea is pretty new!
I very much enjoyed these questions, Kristian! Again, thank you so much!!
Right Ok, a note to my nominees. You are under no obligation to accept the nomination, equally as much the same applies to the questions, if however you wish to answer just the questions, that is also fine. (This was copied from A Guy Called Bloke’s post because, like Kristian, it put what I wanted to say so well.)
I am going to break the rules a little bit here,I know, I’m such a rebel! It’s just most of the bloggers I follow have either been recently nominated, or are on a bit of a blogging hiatus!
My Questions to the Nominees
- What do you think are the 5 most beautiful things in the world? Why?
- What impression do you think you give when you first meet someone?
- What one responsibility do you most wish you didn’t have?
- What is your favorite subject to write about?
- What would constitute a perfect day for you?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- What fictional place would you most like to visit?
- Who do you admire most? Why?
- Is there a book that had an impact on your life? If so, what was it?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve visited?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?